User Terms & Conditions
Please keep in mind that this is a very new site and these Terms and Conditions are likely to go through a series of changes as the site grows.
New Voice reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be notified as changes occur.
Welcome to New Voice. Please read these terms and conditions before using this site in any manner. By using New Voice, you are agreeing to these terms.
These Terms and Conditions apply to all use of the site, including private messages.
- You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this discussion board to post any material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory.
You agree to avoid personal insults, attacks and mischievous antagonism (otherwise known as "trolling").
You will not post material that is inaccurate, abusive, hateful, harassing, obscene, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy or otherwise violative of any law. You understand that racist, sexist, homophobic, classist and other excluding language is not appropriate on New Voice.
Creating an account gives you access to free services, which include the ability to read all content and most publishing features.
Don’t open a New Voice account on behalf of a company, political campaign, organization, or other entity. Accounts are for people.
You may never use another User’s account without permission.
Don’t use sock puppet accounts (the creation of multiple accounts); we will find out and terminate both accounts.
Don’t claim you are someone who you are not. We are perfectly happy with pseudonyms. If you want to protect your identity, use one.
Use real passwords, with upper and lower case letters and numbers. Ultimately, you are responsible for all activity on your account. If someone breaches your account, let us know immediately.
We May Discontinue or Suspend Our Site or Terminate Your Use: New Voice features may be changed or removed at any time. We aren’t legally liable to anyone if we do so.
We also have a right to ban and block you from the site at our discretion, and will do so if your actions and/or behavior negatively impact the site or its community. So please behave.
We reserve the right to suspend posters who have provided false information for their profile.
We are not obliged to remove any posts created before suspension, unless we deem it necessary.
- We will use your signup email to send you occasional emails regarding site content or activism campaigns.
- We will also use your site email to send you notifications of private messages. This is enabled by default but can be disabled in the user account settings.
Copyrights and Trademarks
- Unless noted otherwise, all site content is published under and open content license. It can be republished anywhere, without written permission
Any Photos that may appear, on the other hand, are owned by the photographers and you should assume that they are NOT in the public domain. Don’t steal them unless they are attributed to Wikicommons or other public domain sources.
Site content written by site participants belongs to the individual authors. Those authors are free to determine their own copyright. Currently, that copyright defaults to an open content (public domain) license. Authors are free to change that license at their own discretion.
By posting on the site, you’ve given us permission to publish your writing.
As stated above, the site defaults to public domain content licensing. If you want to restrict such usage, make note of it at the bottom of your post/diary. If you want more information on licenses, you can’t beat Creative Commons.
We reserve the right to remove or not publish content without prior notice if warranted.
We are not responsible for any failure, non-failure or delay in removing any content.
Don’t plagiarize. We have a zero-tolerance policy toward stealing other people’s content or identity.
If you defame someone, it is on you.
If someone is stealing your content or photos, pleaese let us know.
You agree not to post any copyrighted work unless you own the right to the material. Short quotes, accompanied by both links and references to such material are acceptable.
New Voice is an Internet Service Provider
- We are Not Responsible For and Do Not Necessarily Hold the Opinions Expressed by Our Content Contributors.
- Content created by site participants is the sole responsibility of those individuals and its accuracy and completeness is not endorsed or guaranteed. By enabling grassroots publishing on the site, New Voice is not adopting any obligation or liability for that content.
- New Voice has no obligation to monitor the site for inappropriate or unlawful content.
- You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold New Voice harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).
- It is impossible for New Voice to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Although we do not - and cannot - review all of the messages posted, and are not responsible for any of the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message or thread for any reason whatsoever.
- We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you. We reserve the right to read private messages when necessary to investigate complaints about inappropriate or abusive messages.
- We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author, not necessarily the views of New Voice.
Our Liability to You is Limited
- New Voice is not liable for incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages of any kind, including, without limitation, lost revenues or profits, loss of business or loss of data, in any way related to this site or for any claim, loss or injury based on errors, omissions, interruptions or other inaccuracies in our site (including, without limitation, as a result of breach of any warranty or other term of these Terms and Conditions). Any claim against us shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for use of our site.
- Our site is available “as is.” Sometimes, our servers go down. Sometimes, a site feature breaks. Sometimes, a reported “fact” turns out to be an error. While we aspire to perfection, chances are we’ll occasionally come up short.
Disclosure of Information
If we receive a subpoena issued by a court or from a law enforcement or government agency, we may comply with such subpoenas with or without your consent (depending on the facts of the situation) and provide whatever information we may have for your account. If we feel the subpoena is in error or overly broad, we may also decide to fight it.
The User Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the federal laws of Canada applicable in British Columbia. The User agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of British Columbia for any suit, action or other proceeding arising in connection with these User Terms and Conditions.
New Voice welcomes your feedback on the User Terms & Conditions.
Feedback on User Terms & Conditions?
If preferred, any feedback or questions with respect to these User Terms and Conditions can be directed to email@example.com.