You are free to peruse our website anonymously and we will collect no personal information from you unless you choose to provide that information to us. We do, however, collect non-personally identifiable IP addresses and web site usage information when you visit Kos Media's websites.
If you choose to provide your personal information by creating an account, sending us an email, or filling out a contact form and submitting it through our website, you may receive emails from newvoice.ca.
Collection of Personal Information
- When creating their account, new users will be required to complete a user form. The information which New Voice will collect from each prospective user as part of the account creation process will include, without limitation, the following (collectively, "Personal Information"): username, email address, province, ridings, and some demographic information.
- When you visit New Voice, our systems collect basic information about your computer, including: IP address, operating system, browser software, Internet Service Provider. We also collect information about what you view on the site. This information reflects the user population as a whole and is used to help us better understand the New Voice community. This information helps us identify popular features and content on our site. We do not share this information with any third parties.
- New Voice employs reasonable security safeguards in order to protect against the loss, misuse or interception of information by third parties. However, complete confidentiality and security is not yet possible over the Internet. New Voice assumes no liability for any damages Users may suffer as a result of interception, alteration or misuse of information (including Personal Information) transmitted over the Internet.
We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
We reserve the right to read private messages when necessary to investigate complaints about inappropriate or abusive messages.
- You are responsible for the content of the messages that you post to New Voice. New Voice does not assume any responsibility for the content that you or any other members post.
- New Voice may contain links to other sites. New Voice is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and we encourage you to read their privacy policies before sharing your personal information.
Disclosure of Information
If we receive a subpoena issued by a court or from a law enforcement or government agency, we may comply with such subpoenas with or without your consent (depending on the facts of the situation) and provide whatever information we may have for your account. If we feel the subpoena is in error or overly broad, we may also decide to fight it.
The User Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the federal laws of Canada applicable in British Columbia. The User agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of British Columbia for any suit, action or other proceeding arising in connection with these User Terms and Conditions.